Wild Manas Tours in Bhutan
- Tour Duration: 9 Nights & 10 Days
- Activity: Cultural, River Rafting & Wildlife Safari
- Guide: Professional River Guide
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimphu-Punakha-Gaylegphu-Panbang-Manas, Tongsa-Thimphu -Paro.
- Accommodation: All Hotels are 3 stars approved by TCB and Luxury Camping at Manas.
- Explore the best of Manas Wildlife in the Country.
- Enjoy the Luxury Camping at Manas.
- Enjoy the best River Rafting and Kayaking in the Country.
- Explore the Southern Bhutan hardly visited by tourist.
Day 01 Arrival at Paro
Arrival at Paro Airport and drive to Thimphu. Visit Textile museam and Trashichhodzong. Thimphu is most crowded city in the Country and most advanced.
Day 02 Thimphu to Punakha Tour
Drive to Punakha and on the way visit Dochula Pass. Punakha is warmer than Thimphu and is one of the fertile valley of Bhutan. Punakha produces Bhutans famouse red rice and fruits in the Country.
Day 03: Punakha to Gelegphug, south Bhutan. 230km appx 6hrs.
Punakha to Gaylephu is a long drive. The road leads by the riverside and is a wonderful drive. We shall spend some time in Tsiarng which is a vegetable-producing district in Bhutan and the Birding hub of the Country. Lunch will be served in Tsirang. Further, drive through Sunkosh river and after reaching Gaylegphu rest at Hotel.
Day 04: Galegphug to Panbang/Manas. 180km. appx. 6hrs through national park. o/n Luxury Camping.
Visit the villages in Panbang and around the places. Get yourself engazed with locals. Bhutanese are very polite and loving people. Over night at Camp.
Day 05: Elephant safari and wildlife viewing. Luxury Camping.
Do the Elephant safari. Manas is also extremely rich in wildlife species, including the highly endangered Royal Bengal tiger, Asian elephant, greater one-horned rhinoceros, clouded leopard, Himalayan black bear, gangetic dolphin and pangolin. Found virtually nowhere else in the world is the especially rare golden langur, a primate of extraordinary grace and beauty with its long, silky blond fur.
Day 06: Rafting/Hiking/Sightseeing. Luxury Camping.
Manas river has some of the most adventurous river rafting sights in the Country. The river rafting experience around Manas National Park is conducted on the River Beki that is a thrilling and beautiful rafting experience the River Beki flows downstream from across the mountains of Bhutan and visitors get the opportunity to enjoy a 2 and half hour downstream river rafting experience starting from Mathanaguri to Bansbari. There is another track on this river rafting experience at Manas National Park and this journey starts at Mathanaguri which is located at the north end of Manas National Park this will end at Bansbari and the distance spreading is across 35km.
Day 07: Panbang to Trongsa,170km appx. 6hrs. Visit the Trongsa Dzong and cultural sights
Visit the Trongsa Dzong and museam. Trongsa is the most important district in Bhutan because our Crown prince shoudl be the Governor of Trongsa before becoming the King.
Day 08: Trongsa to Thimphu. Appx 200km appx. 7hrs.
Drive to Thimphu. Visit Largest standing Budha, Zorig Chusum(13th arts and Crafts School), and in the afternoon visit centenary farmers market. Evening at Hotel.
Day 09: Thimphu Tour
Day 10: Thimphu to Paro Airport
Wild Manas Tours in Bhutan ends here today. Drive to Paro International airport and see off.
Tour Cost Inclusion
Tour Cost Exclusion
Talk to our Experts
Best months to Travel to Book this Trip
November-December-January-February-March-April-May is the best time to Book this Wild Manas Tours in Bhutan. Most of the destination do not have good hotels, therefore we might have to compromise with standard hotel and luxury camping.
What to bring for the Tour?
- Hiking boots (should be water repellent)
- Sandals or trainers for use in camp.
- Broad brimmed hat or baseball cap for sun during the day with bandana for shading the neck
- Woollen hat or balaclava for evenings
- Polarising sunglasses – best to have the ones with side covers.
- Mosquitoes repellent cream.
- Head torch with spare batteries and bulbs
- Small knife
- Water bottles (preferably metal)
- Dextrose tablets, snack bars and energy drinks.
- Medicine for diarrhoea eg Immodium
- Rehydration sachets eg Dioralyte
- Paracetamol or Nurofen
- Plasters and Compeed for blisters
- Antiseptic cream
- Strepsils, Lemsip, cold and flu medicine
- Sting relief,Insect and mosquitoes repellent.
- Travel towel and sponge
- Soap and biodegradable liquid for laundry
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet paper, tissues, wet wipes
- Sun cream (including total sun block)
- Lip salve
- Iodine tablets – or you can just use boiled water and on shorter treks mineral water
- Books, iPod, playing cards and other diversions for evenings.
Accommodation Used for the Tour
Hotel in Paro
Hotel in Thimphu
Hotel in Punakha
Hotel in Gaylephu
Hotel Kingacholing in Gaylephu.
Camping in Manas
Luxury Camping at Manas. All camping done by the locals in Manas National Park.