10 Days Bhutan Butterfly Tour Starts at US$ 2065PP
Bhutan ranks in the top 10% of countries with the highest species density in the world. It has been designated as one of the ten biodiversity hotspots and lies at the centre of the world’s 221 Global Endemic Bird Areas. Bhutan’s vast biodiversity and ecosystem is host to over 700 bird species of which 22 are globally threatened.
In addition to a huge variety of plant and bird species, Bhutan is also rich in butterflies. It is said that Bhutan has as many as 800 to 900 butterfly and moth species, out of which, 28 are endemic to the Eastern Himalayas. By comparison, the whole of North America has 679 species and Europe only 440 species.
- Season: In Bhutan, butterflies are found abundantly during the months of July to October.
- Habitats: The main butterfly habitats in Bhutan are: Grasslands, evergreen oak forests, agricultural fields, conifer forests.
- Where to look for them: On treetops, undergrowths, forest edges, rivers, and creeks.
- Butterflies Found in the Area: Common Crow, Common Flash, Common Line Blue, Common Nawab, Dark Judy, Great Orange Tip, Great Orange Tip, Indian Cabbage White, Indian Purple Emperor, Large Cabbage White, Plain Tiger, Popinjay, Popinjay, Red-Spot Jezebel, Spangle, Stately Nawab
- Route: Paro – Bumthang – Yurmung – Pangzur – Trongsa – Paro (8Nights/9 Days)
- Hike the popular Tiger Nest Temple and Kiligoenpa Temple.
- Enjoy the amazing view of Haa valley and mighty Jumolhari Mountain.
- Discover the unique butterfly of Bhutan.
- Enjoy the Hotstone bath at local farm House.
- Taste the strong Local wine.
Day 01 Arrival at Paro
Upon arrival at Paro airport, our team from Tour Bhutan will receive you at the airport and drive you to the Hotel. In the afternoon visit Drugyel Dzong, 6th-century Kyichu Lhakhang, and Paro Dzong. Over Night at Hotel.
Day 02 Paro City Tour
Today we walk around Paro town and get ourselves acclimatized with the weather in Bhutan. Visit Cafe, handicrafts, and local vegetable market. Over Night at Hotel.
Day 03 Paro to Trongsa
Today we drive to Trongsa. The drive is quite long and takes about 6 hours. We spend some time at Dochula Pass to view the snowcapped mountains. Lunch at Punakha. After lunch drive to Trongsa and Over night at Trongsa Hotel.
Day 04 Trongsa to Tongtophai
Our Bhutan Butterfly tour starts from today. Lunch at Yurmung. After lunch watch butterflies. Night halt at Tongtongphai
Day 05 Tongtophai Halt
Explore the area and watch butterflies the whole day. Our Guide will take you to the place for exploration and you will spend your whole day at Tongtophai. Over night at Campsite.
Day 06 Tongtophai to Pangzur to Punakha
After breakfast, drive to Pangzur Watch for butterflies all day Night halt at Pangzur
Day 07 Punakha Sightseeing and Drive to Thimphu
After breakfast, visit the Punakha Dzong Visit the Wangdue Dzong
Visit the Chimi Lhakhang
Late evening, drive to Thimphu. Night halt in Thimphu
Day 08 Paro Tiger Nest Hike
Hike the popular tiger nest temple also called Tiger Palphug monastery perched on a rocky cliff 900m above Paro valley. The hike atkes about 3 hours from the base camp and there is also option to take pony if you want. The whole hike takes about 5 hours and in the evening you can stroll the small town of Paro.
Day 09 Paro to Chelela Hike
Hike the remote Kiligoenpa monastery from Chelela Pass. Chelela Pass is Bhutans highest road point and from there you can see mighty Jumolhari Mountain and small Haa district. Chelela pass is also famuse for sky burial. Sky burial is kind of cremation done for baby under the age of 6. The dead body is left open for bird to consume and this beleif have made the place for Sky burial. The hike begins from Chelela towards kili goenpa. The hike takes about 2 hours through pinewood forest and during spring you can see varieties of wild flower along the route. The monastery have 50 to 100 nuns living in the temple. Further walk down towards road point and our team will receive you at the airport and drive you to Paro. In the evening visit Tshering Farm house. Enjoy the hotstone bath and local wine prepared by the host of the family. Over night at Hotel.
Day 10 Paro to airport and see off
Your 10 days Bhutan butterfly tour ends here with our team seeing you off at the airport. Trashi Delek.
What is Included in the Cost?
What is NOT Included in the Cost?
- Insurance Premiums
- International and Domestic Flights.
- Laundry and bills of Personal Nature.
- Alcoholic Drinks not mentioned in the program.
- Any hotel upgradation.